Lets touch on a few of these myths.
- I need to prepare for your listing appointment by being armed with neighbourhood data sold, statistical information, inspected a number of homes in your neighbourhood (Over the last several months) How many homes have sold in your "pocket" recently.
- Pull your history and Ownership details from Realnet and the Polaris system.
- The Listing Presentation itself and all your questions.
- Create your marketing plan and future events calender.
- Implement the marketing plan, load listing details, take photo's, add descriptions, distribute your information to websites, advertise on line, create your web page, shoot your video, upload.
- Screen and Interview Buyers from sign calls by price, timing and affordability.
- Show the property while you are at work or out according to the buyers schedule.
- Obtain and motivate an offer, presenting the offer and negotiating that offer with you.
- Explaining the sign back, counter offer, re offer, options available to you.
- Acknowledge agreement into a formal contract.
- Deal with all the conditions in the contract being sale of property, condition to finance or inspect.
- Handle and attend all inspections on site.
- Usher you to the lawyers office to direct your lawyer as required.
- Transaction management to closing.
- Final Inspections prior to closing to insure repairs or promises made are concluded.
On an average real estate transaction it is not unusual to spend 100 hours on your behalf, but many details seem to be hidden from public view. The commission cheque is paid to the Real Estate Broker who maintains Trust Accounts, an accounting department, Full time live answered telephone reception seven days a week, to get your showing appointment booked, and the maintenance of my office in a professional business environment.
I cannot express my HORROR recently when I found a broker using a cell phone as the office contact phone number and their "mailbox" was full. If you were their client and wanted your agent to call or book a showing, What would you say?
I look forward to answering your questions in person and remind you that during the month of September I am holding a listing special. You will need to call for details.
Tell me your Real estate Horror Story and I will tell you mine