Etobicoke York Community Council (EYCC) green-lighted two condominum towers down on the lakeshore last week.
The first is a 39-storey condo to be built at 2123 Lake Shore Boulevard West and the second, a 30-storey condo at 68 Marine Parade Drive.
Both sites were initially proposed to have two, albeit shorter, towers on-site, but through community consultations, both proposals were amended and the second towers eliminated.
As part of the approval, city staff negotiated a number of Section 37 benefits, including:
- $480,000 toward park improvements south of Marine Parade Drive;
- $250,000 towards the improvement of and further acquisition requirements of Amos Waites Park and recreation facility;
- $500,000 towards a proposed outdoor ice skating oval at Colonel Samuel Smith Park Drive;
- $50,000 towards improvements to Mimico Memorial Park;
- $45,000 towards the restoration of Mimico Station;
- $45,000 towards Mimico BIA public art.
The project was approved by EYCC on Sept. 15 and the proposal will now go before Toronto City Council for final approval. .