December is the slowest month for sales in the Toronto Real Estate market...and that is a good thing. Find out why....!
10 Reasons for Selling During the Christmas Holidays by Roland Lewis
- Most December and early January buyers are particularly serious and very likely facing some sort of deadline.
- January is the biggest transfer month of the year and job transferee’s use the holidays to house hunt.
- Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons. Investors usually want to close by year-end for tax purposes.
- Most sellers wait until spring or summer to list their home. This means that during the winter months your property will have far less competition versus any other time of the year.
- Homes show well when decorated for the holidays creating a sense of family and people are much more emotionally drawn to the house, emotion sells.
- Many people take vacation around the holidays allowing more time to look for a home.
- Remodeling, decorating, appliance installation and other services are more available and at less of a premium.
- Lenders aren’t as busy and can process mortgage loans faster.
- Showings will be fewer and less intrusive, but more likely to be fruitful with motivated, qualified buyers.
- Many homes that have been on the market for more than 60 days, will be taken off the market and relisted in January ie) less property on the market = more focus on your home.
For a Market Evaluation to get you started Click here.
What is IMPACT Online Marketing for your Home?