Home Buying Grant $10,000
It is now easier for Ontario families to buy a home and enter the housing market through new rules under the Canada-Ontario Affordable Housing Homeownership Program.
The Government of Ontario has increased from $62,600 to $75,800 the maximum amount a household can earn to be eligible to receive interest-free down- payment assistance loans under the program. In addition, the maximum price of homes eligible for purchase through the program has risen to reflect average market selling prices.
The maximum amount a household can earn to qualify for the program may vary among municipalities. The maximum price of eligible homes is updated quarterly based on average resale prices in your area. Municipalities may establish their own maximum house price and household income limits provided it is consistent with the program requirements. You may consult the list of maximum house prices and the list of income limit by municipality.
“By making it easier for renters to buy their first homes, we’re helping Ontarians secure a brighter future for their families,” said the Honourable Jim Watson, Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a combined household income at or below the maximum eligible income limit for their area.
- Applicants who own or partly own a property do not qualify for down-payment assistance.
- The AHP loan is granted for a period of 20 years. There is no interest charged on the loan.
- The unit must remain the sole and principal residence of the applicant for the entire 20-year period. It may not be leased to another party.
- Applicants must secure mortgage financing through a lending institution.
- Application forms are available from the housing department of your municipality or through an organization delivering the program in your area.
- On the 20th anniversary date of the agreement, the loan is automatically forgiven, provided there has been no default under the terms of the loan.
Homeownership program brochure
It is imperative that You contact me first to make sure that the $10,000 is available to buy a home. This applies to RESALE Homes in Peel Region, Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon. Toronto has limited the program to be in Regent Park only.
Contact David Pylyp for program details